I went to Chicago this weekend for the sole purpose of going to see the Chicagoland Pops Orchestra play music from the games Final Fantasy. I went with a fellow Final Fantasy music lover and we spent the whole weekend. We went to the Field Museum (not the Aquarium as planned due to EXTREMELY long line to get in) before the show. By the time I left the museum I felt like a little kid who just spent hours sampling candy in a candy shop. Of course my normal little girlish giggly and silly self came out and I was just laughing and singing about everything. My friend seemed less than enthusiastic about my actions, but come on; we just spent hours in the Chicago FIELD MUSEUM!! How can a person not sit there and feel giddy. Well, despite his wishes of having me not sing or laugh I did, because I am me, and I can not help but do those things. On the way back to the hotel, a lady riding in the bus back said it was very nice to listen to my laugh. She said it was wonderful to hear such a happy person. So mlaaaa to you!! *sticks out tongue*. The concert ended up being the biggest geek migration I have ever seen. I should have anticipated it, but I didn't. It was probably the best symphony I have been too despite an annoying girl talking during almost all the beginning of the songs and even going so far as singing along with one of the songs until I gave her a dirty look. *if you can't sing, the last place you should do it is at a freakin' symphony!!!!!* I can not even put into words the electricity from the crowd and to top it off, the composer himself came all the way from Japan!!!!!!!!!!!!! I almost cried I was so happy. Drive home sucked and I felt like shit due to... some unmentionables. We ended up driving through this horrible snow storm which made the normal 4hr. 45 min. drive into a 7hr. drive!!! YUCK! Shitty way to end this otherwise decent trip. I need someone to go to things like this trip that know how to show excitement and tolerate my girlish antics. I truly hope I can see this kind of music spreading like wild fire through the U.S.
P.S. I wish I had pictures to link up but, 1. I forgot to take pictures while in the museum cause my focus was on the millions of objects up for my viewing pleasure and 2. I forgot my camera at the symphony :-( dang my poor memory!
No comments:
Post a Comment