Thursday, April 28, 2005

My Upcoming Birthday

So my 23rd birthday is coming up May 15th. I still have not done anything to REALLY go out and celebrate my birthday since turning 21. So I have been really determined to find something fun, interesting and out of Oakland County to do this year.
Originally I was planning on going camping, but those plans fell through due to no one else being willing to go with me :-(
So I have found this thing in Traverse City called Blossom Days. Here are a couple of links to give more details: http://www.cgtwines.com/events.php and also check http://travel.michigan.org/events/events.asp?cid={2A3B27B1-FB8C-45CA-A261-CED6BFC78772}&city=G3602&m=3;1

The main detail is that it costs $10 in which you are given a wine glass as your "ticket" to do the barrel tasting at all the wineries. One web site says 5 wineries and another says 4, so I would say count on there being 4 wineries.

So here are the rest of my plans: Since the Blossom Days goes from May 14-15 we can leave friday afternoon and arrive in Traverse City that night. Go to the Blossom Days on Sat. and then spend the rest of day/night having a grand time painting the town red! Then plan on coming back to Oakland County Sun. evening/night.
If Sat. is suppose to be crummy weather then we can plan on leaving Sat. to spend Sat night there and then go Sun to the Blossom Days and then not return to Oakland County till Mon.
As far as sleeping accomodations goes we could find a cheap hotel and try to slit the price amonst all those going or they mention a bed and breakfast (which I assume will be much more expensive). I don't have prices on that cause I was to see if even enough people are interested in joining me to get the details down.
So you need to e-mail me back and let me know if this is something you would like to pursue getting more details and prices.
Just think of what a wonderful friend I am and how special I will feel to have you all there to help celebrate my birthday!!!
For those friends not yet 21, you could join the crew before and after the wine tasting.
Also, if anyone has any other ideas I am TOTALLY open to them!
LOVE YA!!
~Elena

No comments: