"This is a global emerging amphibian pathogen which is one of the worst vertebrate infectious diseases found so far. It is causing a huge amount of extinction and disease within amphibian populations. More than 100 species of amphibians are known to be affected by the disease known as BD. Some are very susceptible and die quickly while others which are more resistant are carriers of the pathogen." (Click here for the full article)
I do find it sad that so many frogs are dying, but doesn't it also sound a bit like natural selection? Those who carry it don't die, but infect others who do die...
I find it odd that some people find it ok for people to talk about natural selection (for humans) when it comes to times of war. But frogs start dying and it's global warming. I am not discounting the fact that global warming probably does have something to do with it. I just think that our world is so full of change that not everything going wrong has to be equated to something bad the humans have done.
Just a thought I had when reading the article.
No comments:
Post a Comment