Tuesday, September 27, 2005

My first funny Italy story

As I said I wanted to dye my hair strawberry blonde and ended up going for a wine red instead. I was lucky that there were pictures of the color on the box otherwise I wouldn't have known what I was buying. I dyed my hair on the 20th and I am still getting used to it. Not sure if red is my color or not...
Speaking of not knowing what I was buying, and I don't think I have told this story yet. I really needed some lotion cause my hands and legs were starting to get really dry. So while in the store I bought some "lotion" and brought it with me to my friend's apartment and needed to use it after I got done dying my hair. So I queeze some into my hand and it is a clear substance so I rinse it off and laughed because I am thinking I bought antibacterial stuff. A friend then looks at the bottle and it has the word Intima in the title which both I and my roommate missed seeing. After looking a few words up in the dictionary we figured out that it was lube!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thats right, I bought lube. We were all laughing so much that I actually started to get tears running down my face. Heidi got my picture of me holding it too. It is now the running joke anytime I say I need lotion, people just bust out laughing. We are trying to figure out if we should leave it behind for the next people who are using my apartment or actually give it to someone in the group. I will keep you all posted as it is still sitting in my friend's apartment and she keeps telling me she is going to give it back to me and she still has not done so. This, my friends, is just the start of my adventures in Italy. I am sure more funny stuff will follow as I slowly learn the language.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Hi! I just found your blog by searching for Macerata! I'm guessing that you're studying with AHA, I did the same thing almost three years ago! you're going to love your time in Macerata! The langauge will come to you really fast if you make an effort, and try to make friends with as many Italians as you can, joining that team will defiantly help! you'll make friends that will last for years.

As for the bars, more university students will be coming back to town in Oct/Nov. 4porte and bar firenze will have much more of a younger vibe than Il Pozzo (although I love il pozzo too!), and remember to check out Number One! It may be kinda lame, but it can also be a blast if you go with the right people! :)

Be careful though, Italy is adicting! I've already made the move back and will probably be back in Macerata in October again (I was just there a week ago!) - maybe I'll see you at the bar! Keep up the blog, it'll be a good memory for you later on. Check out mine if you want, and good luck!

Lori
http://magiciannites.blogspot.com