Friday, October 21, 2005

Capri/Sorrento Day 2

So now that I have some more time I will share with you, "the rest of the story."
On day two Melissa and I wanted to get to Capri as early as possible. My motivation was to lay out in the warm sun on the beach as much as possible. We ended up missing the 9:50 one and ended up leaving at 10 to 11 or something along those lines. So we just sat and ate some breakfast while watching people. We ended up finding this little black and white cat that was on a pile of rocks in the water along the port. It was the most adorable thing ever. Totally ignored us as we tried to get it to look at us to take a picture, typical cat thing to do. We finally arrived in Capri and all I wanted to do was lay out on the beach, which we did. Just about the whole afternoon (we did take a little detour at first when we got there, Melissa wanted to find "more" but I was happy with how beautiful the first beach we found was. Totally sucked that the blue grotta was closed cause the water was too choppy... boo choppy waters!!! That would have kicked ass, I saw pictures and they were GORGEOUS! Simply GEOURGOUS, I tell you!) After being on the rocks for quite a few hours and finally getting too hot (and the water being too cold to simply take a cooling off dip) we decided to go get some lunch, a late lunch. I got awesome spegetti with meat sauce and ended up running into Ashley, Heidi and Sandra. We made plans for where we were going to celebrate Ashley's birthday. We decided on meeting up at Old English in and then taking it from there. Melissa and I decided to head on back early so we could clean up and look good for the night out. We also ended up doing some shopping before hand and got some snacks and a couple of drinks. We ended up drinking all of the drinks and became slightly intoxicated. We went to go catch the bus that would take us to the bar but becamse impatient and decided to walk to the next bus stop (for some reason we figured it would make the bus come faster). Fate wanted to have a laugh at us because the bus drove by after we had walked half way to the bus stop. I had heals on mind you and it is a 20 minute walk to the bar from where we were staying. We ended up walking because the next bus wouldn't even come by for another 20minutes. We finally arrived at the bar after even a SECOND bus drove by, hahaha, have a good laugh...
We get there and imediately the other girls want to go to anothe bar because it was full of all old english people. So we arrived at this second bar and our waitress was from Australia. She was really awesome and we all ended up with really strong drinks. Needless to say our night was on its way to having many shinanigans. There ended being this group of 4 Italian boys who were talking to Heidi, Ashley adn Sandra before Melissa and I came to the first bar and they "ended up"at the same bar we went to. They were nice and two of them were definately cute but the whole language thing was a slight barrier. They started to speak more slowly and I was able to understand them and translate things to the other girls and speak a little bit to them. I definately understand Italian much better than I can speak it. They kept saying they were going to go to the beach and Melissa and I saw this little festival type thing going on near what could have been a beach so we thought thats what they were talking about. They ended up taking us to the same port that we were just at earlier for our boat ride to and from Capri. Good thing there were 5 girls and only 4 guys. They definately were pulling the whole smooth Italian move of "walk on the beach". Yeah, good thing no matter what and how much we all drank we still were smart enough to know exactly what they meant and what was going on so we decided to say we needed to go back. So we left and the guys didn't understand so simply followed us. They did get it when they kept asking for a kiss and we said no.... it was quite hilarious though because in my heals I had to climb up a HUGE amount of stairs. It really was not fun!! But we had a good laugh and kept having to stop because we were all laughing so hard. They really cute guy that was interested in me at least asked for my phone number and I gave it to him. He was really nice and not like the other guys. So we go back the bar WITHOUT the guys and our kick ass bar tender asked if we finally got rid of those guys and we said yes and she told us that was a good thing. We were then sitting there and I had a water and some of the other girls had beers when Ashley said she was tired and was going to go back to her hostel. The rest of decided to stay longer. This guy from California then decided to come up to us and simply from seeing Heidi's camera on the table asked if we wanted him to take a picture of us. We hadn't even been talking about it... talk about making the worst pick-up line ever book!!! Seriously! So then he was talking to us and said he was glad to meet some fellow Americans and he was 36 from California. We asked him what he did for a job and he said he hadn't worked in about a year. We then asked how long he was in Italy for and if he was looking to work there. He told us he was staying in a hotel (non of which mind you is cheap by any means) and that he lived in Laguna Beach California and he wasn't sure if he was going to go home and work or go to Hawaii. He then tried to tell us he was poor. Not sure how is able to afford to travel so much AND live in Laguna beach which is WAY expensive and claim he is poor. Maybe is one of those people who is way above and beyond in dept.... poor boy... poor poor boy.... so yeah after talking to us for a good 20minutes he took our picture and went off by his self.
"and that is the rest of the story" ...hehehehe if you ever heard that talk radio station you rock!!!!!
Tomorrow I am off to Roma and then Sicilia. Io parto per Sicilia in al montina eh arrive in Lapari in pomeriggio. Molto bene...

No comments: